Sunday, March 29, 2015

New Normal




-->We are adjusting to our “new normal”.  Sleep is not our issue.  Theo is a great sleeper and everyone has adjusted from the jet lag. 

My sweet Nora has struggled with some intense jealousy.  Poor thing was already a screamer before I left well multiply that by 10 (I have lost my voice from trying to talk to her).  She was already a hot mess before I left well multiply that by 20.  Pray for her.  We have been very intentional with her.  Having special daughter mommy time, taking walks, ice cream, but she still seems to need more.  More of me than I can give.  I sometimes feel like this may last forever.  I love her.  She is hard but I love her so much and it hurts my heart to see her desperate for my attention. 



Mommy and Nora walk...MUST be in tinkerbell PJs
John is so good with the kids.  What would i do without him??!!



Theo is doing great.  He has been a trooper with all the doctor appointments.  Friday we went to the hospital to have his head xrayed and ultrasound of his brain.  His head is very misshapen from months of laying in a crib.  The doctor isn’t too concerned but wants to see if he could benefit from a helmet to help reshape the skull. 

Theo is getting used to being outside.  He is not a fan of the grass so he stays in the wagon! 

 
-->


 
-->
He loves to be held…..ALL THE TIME.  The moment I put him down he cries and tries to lay down on his back.  His poor little muscles just aren’t used to sitting.  We are trying to build his leg strength with the jumper/saucer.  Nora loves to help.  Because of Nora’s intense jealously I have been wearing her in the Ergo carrier and putting the boys in the stroller.  Theo seems to be ok with this set up. 



 
-->

Theo is 13 months old.  Most infants start solid foods between 4-6 months.  Well poor Theo started 2 weeks ago.  HE LOVES BABY FOOD!  So much so that I have had to start cutting him back.  He eats about 6 jars of baby food per day.  This is down from the 8 or 9 he was eating when I let him eat til he was full.  I have cut down on his bottle and slowly started introducing a sippy cup. I hope to have him completely off formula in 3 months.  I have to set goals just to work toward them not set in stone.   


Don't let those scars fool you!  I am one happy boy!








-->
Next week we will have someone come to the house to evaluate him for physical therapy, and Speech.  At this point he is developmentally around 7 months old.  Physically he can sit, and crawl.  As of 2 days ago I can stand him up and he will now put his feet flat on the ground.  He is still not able to bear much weight.  I pray with PT and lots of play time with siblings we can have him walking by Christmas.  I will say when that day comes my back will be VERY happy!  He is a heavy 26lbs.  
He is such a LOVE!

Thanks for all the emails and messages asking for updates!  It is so encouraging knowing that people are truly interested in Theo's story.  We still stand in awe of how God has brought this little one into our lives.  It is pretty crazy with a 1, 2 and 3 year old but we know one day they will be 21, 22, and 23 and screaming fits will be long gone and we will have other obstacles to cross.  But most of all we pray that they will have a heart for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment