Thursday, August 14, 2014

LID and conference call update!

-->
Two major events just happened... on the same day. We had our openness conference call and... We are LID (Logged in Dossier).  8/13/14 will forever be written in our hearts (and in baby China’s scrapbook) as the day our WAIT began. 

So I know many of you are asking………HOW DID THE CONFERENCE CALL GO????  I met John near his work so he wouldn’t have to drive all the way home.  He got into my car about 15 minutes before the phone call began.  We both looked at each other and said at the same time “bathroom break??”  YALL. we were so nervous!!!  After a quick bathroom break we were back in the car ready for the call.  John prayed for us and then we dialed in and waited for 2 Bethany social workers to join the call.  They began by asking us to tell our story….AGAIN.  It never gets old telling what God is doing in our life! 

We then went through the dreaded document (see the previous blog post with the openness form).  Line by line she asked us specific questions about different scenarios. and special needs   She did not have specific children in mind when she would ask us questions, but she wanted to get a really good idea of exactly what we might be expecting in a referral.  I was thankful she was so specific, but honestly John and I struggled to answer many of the questions.  I was glad we were sitting next to each other so we could read each other’s expressions and body language.  For example she asked us when considering children with cardiac problems would we be comfortable with 1-3 surgeries or 4-10 surgeries? Would we be comfortable with a child that couldn’t exert him/herself at all due to cardiac problems, or a child that needed to take a break sometimes while playing? 

The questions continued for 105 minutes!!!  It was intense, but we were glad for each other's support.  My heart hurt after it was over….did we make the right decisions for our family, did we allow our fleshly desires to blur God’s plan for our family???  My thoughts were racing.  I think that hardest thing is knowing that no matter what “disability” our child will have we will be FINE!  God will carry us through.  He might give us a little more than we THINK we can handle but this just means we will need to lean more on God and less on ourselves. 

Isahiah 41:8-10
But you, O Israel, my servant,
Jacob, whom I have chosen,
You descendants of Abraham my friend,
I took you from the ends of the earth,
From its farthest corners I called you.
I said, You are my servant;
I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

God has brought John and I from the depths and has chosen us for this appointment.  We must trust HIM and not fear! 

Thank you for all of your support and continued prayers. As soon as we hear some news, you will be the first to know.

La

No comments:

Post a Comment